Segmenting your email list can be an effective way to boost open rates, clicks, and profits. What’s the best way to segment? Here are some possibilities.
1. Zip Code. Addressing multiple growing zones can be tricky. When Zone 9 is planting, Zone 5 is doing fall cleanup. Geographic segmentation can help you deliver more relevant information to your subscribers.
2. Signup Date. Emailing subscribers more often when they first opt in solidifies the relationship and helps increase sales.
3. Interest Groups. Do many of your subscribers have specific interests, like container gardening or greenhouse growing? Tailoring emails to their interests can be beneficial.
4. Frequent Opens. If you can segment the subscribers who always open your emails, try mailing them more often.
5. Infrequent Opens. Most lists include people who opt in, but rarely open their emails. Consider developing a campaign to determine what you can do to keep them engaged.