1. Before a Mailing. Studies show that a “watch for our catalog” promotion can often lift the response of the catalog.
2. Before Shipping. This is especially true for plants.Customers need to preparegarden beds, and be sure that someone will be home to unpack the new arrivals.
3. After a Purchase. Customers appreciate getting a personalized “thank you” after they’ve purchased – without any additional sales pitch.
4. Before Removal From Your House List. Sending an “early warning” e-mail before removing old names from your list is likely to generate more than enough sales to pay for the e-mailing.
5. Before a Trade Show. Mailings sent before a trade show serve several purposes.They heighten awareness, increase booth traffic, highlight any show specials, and give the prospect a sales document to refer back to easily later.We’ve found that a surprising number of e-mail recipients refer back to a pre-show e-mail for several months after the show is over.