Constantly testing new ads can boost your pay-per-click results by 20%, 30%, or more. Motivating action in just 95 characters isn’t easy, but here are some suggestions to put you on the right path:
1. Active Verbs. Active verbs grab attention and paint word pictures. For instance, instead of “large selection of shade plants,” try “brighten up shady corners.”
2. Ask Questions. Use questions to call out your audience. When someone asks “Deer problems?” I know they’re talking to me!
3. Echo Keywords. Repeating the keyword in the headline and/or description shows you’re listening to the customer. It almost always improves results.
4. Invoke Popularity. Phrases like “top-rated,” “5-star,” and “customer favorite” serve as proof elements that you’re selling superior products.
5. Minimize Capitals. It’s Amazing How Many PPC Ads Use Upper and Lower Case Even Though It Makes the Ad Much Harder to Read.