Social media “likes,”views” and “shares” have becomevery important components in determining search engine rankings. For that reason alone, it’s worth developing an interactive conversation with your social media followers. Here are a few suggestions on how to do so:
- Time Your Posts.Social media is primarily a leisure time activity, with usage spiking in the evening and weekends. Do most of your posting during those time periods, and you’ll engage more followers.
- Ask Questions. There’s no better way to start a conversation than with a question. What plants did best for you this season? What’s your favorite tomato variety? How do you deal with deer in your garden?Post questions of broad interest that people are passionate about.
- Use Photos. Photos and videos increase the likelihood of your posts being seen, liked and shared. Use them liberally.
- Run Contests. Contests are among the most effective ways to grow your fan base and increase engagement. Check the Articles section of www.EvergreenMarketingCo.com for suggestions on Facebook Promotions 101.
- Invite Action. Asking people to “like” your post increases their responses by more than double. Use an attractive photo with a statement that’s easy to agree to — such as Spring is my favorite time of year – “like” if you agree – and see what happens.