Many companies selling horticultural products to consumers restrict their prospecting to the garden market. Some excellent opportunities can be overlooked as a result. Here are just a few categories that may expand your universe and your profits:
- Homeowners. The home market has actually outperformed the garden market for a surprising number of our clients.
- Regional. If your market clearly skews geographically – be it North or South, East or West, city or country, coastal or mountain – non-gardening media with a geographic focus is worth testing.
- Do-It-Yourself. There’s a strong crossover from the garden market to the do-it-yourself market, especially for tools.
- Almanacs. There are a number of almanacs published throughout the year, most of them packed with ads for gardening products.
- Seniors. Gardening is an extremely popular pastime among older adults, and there’s plenty of media aimed specifically at seniors.