The offer accounts for about 40% of the results in direct marketing, with media another 40%, and copy and design 20%. To boost your response, make you’re your offer works as hard as it can.
- Tout Your Guarantee. A 30-day money back guarantee is standard. Can you do better? Pay the return freight. Offer double your money back, or a one-year guarantee. Usually, the longer the guarantee, the lower the returns!
- Increase Your Average Order. Themed plant collections are a terrific way to boost order sizes. So are discounts or premiums for orders over a certain dollar amount.
- One-Step or Two-Step? If lead generating ads are your norm, try selling an introductory offer directly from an ad. If you usually sell directly from an ad, consider a smaller lead generating ad with less expensive media costs.
- Innovative Fulfillment Options. Catalogs, sales brochures and websites can’t always convey a product’s uniqueness. See if other possibilities — such as a video or a free sample — can help your prospects appreciate your product.
- Timing Is Everything. Try a discount for early orders…A buy now, pay later option…Or a coupon good for your customer’s next order.