Good marketers take every opportunity to forge stronger relationships with customers. An ideal way to do so is with event-triggered emails (also known as autoresponders). As the name suggests, an event-triggered email is one that’s sent automatically when certain conditions are met.
Order confirmations and shipping notices are two of the most common event-triggered emails. There are lots of other possibilities, such as:
* A welcome message after signing up for a mailing list
* A thank you note after an order was received
* A follow-up to an abandoned shopping cart
* A reminder of a gift order placed a year earlier
* A special offer on additional quantities of an item just ordered
With little effort on your part, event-triggered emails go a long ways towards building a personal relationship with each and every customer.