As I was settling down to write this post, a friend happened to email about a free tool she’d learned about for measuring the marketing effectiveness of your website. You simply enter your website URL and it returns a report that includes these sections:
• On page SEO (such as titles, descriptions, content and URL)
• Off page SEO (such as inbound links and whether pages are in the search engine indexes)
• Blogosphere (whether your site includes a blog and if so, how effective it is at driving traffic)
• Social mediasphere (your online presence outside of your own website and blog)
• Converting qualified visitors to leads (how effective your site is in moving visitors to the next step)
• Competitive intelligence (how your site compares to the competition)
While an automated tool like this may not get every nuance 100% right, it’s an easy to use, helpful tool. Check it out!