If you’ve been thinking about signing up for the Mailorder Gardening Association conference coming up in Baltimore Jan. 4 – 6, you can save yourself a few bucks by doing so this week. The early bird deadline for discounted registrations runs through December 4.
As Program Chair this year, I can tell you that in my own completely unbiased opinion, we have a great program lined up. Two programs that I’ve written about before are return speakers back by popular demand – garden industry consultant Kip Creel and email marketing guru Sundeep Kapur.
• We’ll learn how to improve customers’ shopping experiences by watching a customer panel shop our catalogs and websites live.
• Ross Lasley of The Internet Educator will give us a short course in using website analytics to get actionable information that will make your business more profitable.
• Connie Adcock, formerly the Senior Vice President of Customer Service at 1-800-Flowers, will share advice on creating a phenomenal customer experience.
• If you’re looking for new products, you may be able to find a few at the member New Product Showcase.
• You can arrange private one-on-one consultations with any of 10 industry experts to get advice on marketing, website, PR, postal and other issues – all completely free of charge.
Take a look at the MGA website to see the full conference brochure and registration form – then sign up this week to get your early bird discount.
If you’re going to the MANTS horticultural show, it couldn’t be more convenient. MANTS is two blocks away, and starts the same day the MGA conference ends.
Look forward to seeing you there!